Unfortunately, the various rules for books have become scattered over the multiple supplements of the ArM5 line. Here is a short index of relevant sections and sidebars for general rules:
- Basic Book Rules are found in the ArM5 corebook, pages 165-166. This includes the basic rules for scribing, Quality of books and inadvertent creation of corrupt texts by poor scribes.
- The Advanced Book Rules and Scribal Magic are found in Covenants, Chapter 6: Library, pages 84-102 and include rules for commentaries, correspondences, florilegia and other options.
- Encyclopedias are described in a sidebar in Art & Academe, page 26.
- Translations are similarly detailed in a sidebar in Art & Academe, page 87.
- The Library Consultation rules are given in a sidebar in Ancient Magic, page 68.
- Rules for the annual Bonisagus folios are detailed in Houses of Hermes: True Lineages, pages 10-12.
- The Great Library of Durenmar is detailed in Guardians of the Forest, pages 55-57.
- Rules for Study Risk when learning Supernatural Abilities and the use of Study Partners are detailed in the sidebar in Realms of Power: the Divine, page 132 and referred to in passing in the Revised Edition of this supplement but could be extrapolated for use with books concerning Supernatural Abilities aligned to other Realms.
- Rules for Partial Manuscripts are implied in the “Clay Tablets” entry, Ancient Magic, page 36.
- Rules for Complex Books that must be read in conjunction with each other are detailed in the description of the Epistles of the Brethren of Purity in Hedge Magic: Revised Edition, page 30.
- Learning True Names from texts on a specific (Realm) Lore is first detailed in Realms of Power: the Infernal, page 35 but is also discussed in Realms of Power: Magic, page 110.